Straightforward review/rating facility
Please see TODO file
To use the last stable gem release of spree_reviews, add the following to your Gemfile:
If you'd rather install the latest version with fixes and improvements that have not yet been published to RubyGems, install from git:
gem 'spree_reviews', :git => 'git://github.com/spree/spree_reviews.git'
Now bundle up with:
Next, run the rake task that copies the necessary migrations and assets to your project:
rails g spree_reviews:install
And finish with a migrate:
Now you should be able to boot up your server with:
Action "submit" in "reviews" controller - goes to review entry form
Users must be logged in to submit a review
- ./app/views/products/rating.html.erb -- display number of stars
- ./app/views/products/_shortrating.html.erb -- shorter version of above
- ./app/views/products/review.html.erb -- display a single review
Administrator can edit and/or approve and/or delete reviews.
reviews table is quite obvious - and note the "approved" flag which is for the
administrator to update
ratings table holds current fractional value - avoids frequent recalc...
Some points which might need modification in future:
- I don't track the actual user on a review (just their "screen name" at the
time), but we may want to use this information to avoid duplicate reviews
- Rating votes are tied to a review, to avoid spam. However: ratings are accepted whether or not the review is accepted. Perhaps they should only be counted when the review is approved.