A spree extension that adds is sold and discontinue options to products.
- Is Sold checkbox available on the product general page
- If it's not checked, a product will NOT show up in the products list, searches, taxon lists, or directly.
- Useful for:
- BOM items that you need for assembly of actual sellable items.
- New items you don't want to list yet.
- Seasonal Items that you only stock once in a while.
- Discontinue on date field avialbe on the product general page
- If you set a date, the product will be discontinued on that date.
- The website will display discontinued products that have inventory until they sell out of inventory at which point the products will be hidden.
- Useful for:
- Scratch and dent products
- Older versions of a product that
- Clearance items
If you are installing this on an actual production store, we recommend that you pull from the stable branch of your spree version (i.e. If you are running 1.3.X, pull from 1-3-stable)
Add the following to your applications Gemfile:
a. To use the latest edge code in master branch:
gem 'spree_discontinue_products', :git => "git://github.com/FineLineAutomation/spree_discontinue_products"
b. To use a specific branch specified in the Versionfile for your version of Spree:
gem 'spree_discontinue_products', :git => "git://github.com/FineLineAutomation/spree_discontinue_products", :branch => '1-3-stable'
- Run Install Script:
$ bundle exec rails g spree_discontinue_products:install
Be sure to bundle your dependencies and then create a dummy test app for the specs to run against.
$ bundle $ bundle exec rake test_app $ bundle exec rspec spec
Copyright (c) 2013 Fine Line Automation, released under the New BSD License